« Home | The Blues » | The Love Boats » | The Fine Cuisine » | The Ancient Roots » | The Art Site » | The Broken Voice » | The Shark Movie » | The Crows » | The Family - New Faces » | The Audio Test - Megan Speaks » 

Thursday, August 26, 2004 

The Big Kaboom



Well I have had a pretty emotional day! About noon Megan called me to tell me that she was in an auto accident. When I think about it I am very glad that she was the one to call. I never want to get a call from someone to tell me that she is hurt or in trouble somehow. Anyway, she collided with a large SUV and as you can see her car did not come out to well. Megan however is ok. She is a little sore and probably will be even more so tomorrow but right now she is doing great.

Days like this make me really think about how much I need her. If she was ever to go away I would be really lost. I could not imagine being in our home or seeing something that reminds me of her knowing that I cannot soon touch her pretty face. Life is funny but I believe that circumstances like this really serve to show people how important love and compassion are. I hope everyone out there has love today! It is a beautiful thing! Posted by Hello

HEY RUBEN. IS MEGAN OK? ARE YOU OK? I HOPE SO. HAVE YOU E-MAILED MY BROTHER? WELL I BETTER LET YOU GO BUT WRITE BACK. HOPE YA'LL ARE FINE
LUV YA LOTZ, GERALDYN

Hey RJ and Megan- Thank God you weren't hurt. You are so right, what would that feel like to get a call from someone who is a stranger to tell us that one of our loved ones are hurt or in a fatal accident. When Carlos called to tell me that Reyes had been hurt I was so afraid of what was to come. But thankfully we have a loving God who will continue to protect us and give us what we need, although often sometimes that is so hard to understand. Don't know how much of my stuff your Mom has been sharing with you, but I am trusting that God will take care of all of it. I have had 3 seizures and am off work for at least 3 months, due to the fact that I can't legally drive. Carlos has a game tonight, playng Varsity center and you know he loves football. He is also taking an ROP course in banking, which will hopefully lead to employment in a financial institution. Reyes and Luis and back at school, all at CVHS, and Luis is playing Freshman football. They lost last night, but thats ok. Maybe some nght you can make it up to a game, Luis plays on Thursdays and Carlos on Fridays. I think you can see the schedule at the CVHS website, otherwise let me know. I will look up the link. Anyway, need to eat to get to the game. I love you both so much and love the updates. Take Cae- Aunt Deb

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates