« Home | The Calla Lily » | The Photo Man » 

Friday, August 06, 2004 

The Colors


I love the colors that appear in this photo. I swear that colors just look different in Mexico. Maybe it was that my outlook and perspective changed. This is a piece of a recent newspaper article that appeared in our local newspaper:

"There are colors in Mexico that we just don't see in the United States," said Ruben Porras, 29, of Modesto. He spent much of his free time there taking digital photos. "The whole country is vibrant and alive and offers a unique perspective of the human spirit. Whether poor or wealthy, the people of Mexico strive to be at peace with their circumstances more than any other group of people that I have ever seen."

You know something; I think that I am taking more time to notice things here at home also. Mexico was really good for my heart and mind! The following comments were also featured in the same article:

For Ruben Porras, who is battling a life-threatening illness, the experience was inspiring. "Mexico offered me a place to renew my spirit, find my heart and explore my soul," Porras said. "Mexico offered me a place to come to peace with the realities of my illness."

 Posted by Hello

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates