« Home | The Colors » | The Calla Lily » | The Photo Man » 

Friday, August 06, 2004 

The Food


This is a picture of a pair of carnitas tacos that I had for lunch in the main zocalo in Mexico City. The food in Mexico was amazing. The funny thing is that before I left I could not stand very spicy food but during my visit I could not get enough of it. There is a commercial for napkins in Mexico that features a little boy eating tacos. While he is eating he realizes that he needs one napkin for his sweating forehead, one for his running nose and one for his mouth. The commercial is hilarious and totally true! Posted by Hello

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates