« Home | The Babies » | The Road to Recovery - HEALTH UPDATE » | The Findings - HEALTH UPDATE » | The Ambulance Ride - HEALTH UPDATE » | The Rain Tears » | The Old Days » | The Border » | The Pain - HEALTH UPDATE » | The Pain » | The High Wind » 

Tuesday, October 19, 2004 

The Life Movie



It has been days since I wrote anything here and I really get upset with myself when I let the blog go this way. I promised myself that I would keep up on this and I really need to. It really helps me when I just let all my feelings spew out here.

Anyway, I got the staples removed from my stomach area and I seem to be healing alright but the pain has been hell lately. It is almost like the staples held everything in place and now I am just all jiggly. I am sure that I need to rest more but I am just not the type of person to do that. I slept most of last week like a lazy cat and the week just sort of flew by. I feel like I need to be more productive but that gets rough when it is hard just to bend and I walk like a snail.

So beyond the health issues everything else is working out ok. I spent the weekend with Meg's Dad building some shelves for a bathroom in his house and that was nice. It is always nice to spend time with him but I still get a little nervous around him. I hope that one day I will be in the position emotionally to ask him for his permission to take Meg as my wife but that scenario scares the hell out of me. In the back of my mind I cannot help but thinking that Meg could do so much better than me. But she sees something in me that goes deeper than health and means alot more than money. I am lucky that she cares so much. I am blessed that she is so dedicated.

About the photo on this posting; It is the movie poster from one of the greatest movies that I have ever seen. It is about a man that finds out that he is ill and he makes an attempt to get to know his son and build his dream house. I cannot do the movie justice by trying to explain it here but I highly reccomend it. It will make you laugh and cry but most of all it will make your heart feel good. You would really be doing yourself a favor by renting this film. It is absolutely incredible.
Posted by Hello

hey ruben. i haven't posted any comments on your site for a while. i've been reading it though. i really love it. i love movies like the one you were describing in this post. i think i might take your advice and rent it next time i'm out with me mum or friends... heh, maybe even make a special trip just to get it. is the movie called The Life Movie? or is something else and i just missed it? sorry, just wanted to make sure. i'm really glad meg loves you so much. you deserve someone like her in your life, and by the way it sounds, she sure deserves someone like you in hers. please don't ever stop being yourself, because you really rock. *smiles*
love always

heh, s'me again. i got the name of the movie. the poster hadn't shown up the first time i read your post. i think i've heard of it before. pretty spiff. i'm definately goign to rent it. thanks. adeiu.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates