« Home | The Findings - HEALTH UPDATE » | The Ambulance Ride - HEALTH UPDATE » | The Rain Tears » | The Old Days » | The Border » | The Pain - HEALTH UPDATE » | The Pain » | The High Wind » | The Ghost of Me » | The Scene of the Crime » 

Wednesday, October 06, 2004 

The Road to Recovery - HEALTH UPDATE

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to check in let everyone know that I got home last night and that I am doing well. It has been a rough road but it is wonderful that I am home again with Megan. I managed to sleep through the night last night and I even got out of bed by myself today which was not easy. I felt like a beached whale but I managed to do it and that small step was a great start to my day.

I wanted to thank everyone out there for all of the love and support and for all of the prayers. When I got home yesterday there was a lab report from my hospital and it turns out that I was getting really sick right before I went in to the hospital. For some reason God pushed the pain up a notch and got me motivated to get to the hospital and I really feel like he did that because of all the people praying for me to get better.

So, I have a long recovery ahead of me and it won't be easy but I know that I can do it. I still have this liver disease to battle but it will be easier now that I won't have the pain that my gallbladder was causing. I lost alot of blood through surgery and have some pretty serious cuts and my arms look like I have been through war with all the needle marks and bruises but you know what...I am alive today and Megan is close and I have a renewed understanding of my own strength and a better outlook on life.

I will update when I can and I appreciate that people take the time to read this and share it with others. I would like to give a special thanks to Erica and Eileen at Kaiser Medical Center in Modesto for really helping to open my heart and my mind by telling me that my battles encourae and inspire others. There are alot of sick people in this world and so many of them encourage and inspire me.

So, take today and run with it. Smile and love someone. Hug a child and do what you can to realize that all of lifes little problems are only just tests that you can pass with no problem no matter how hard they seem.

Thank you for reading my words.
Ruben

Hey, awesome-you're back! Glad to hear it!
It might be a little hard now but if you really believe, anything's possible. But just remember to take it easy and smile. ^_^

sounds like things are as well as can be expected. as far as getting out of bed on your own, kudos there! i can't get my self out of bed half the time!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates