« Home | The Tamborine Man » | The Private Investigator » | The Drama Patient » | The Pretty Girls » | The Life Movie » | The Babies » | The Road to Recovery - HEALTH UPDATE » | The Findings - HEALTH UPDATE » | The Ambulance Ride - HEALTH UPDATE » | The Rain Tears » 

Friday, December 10, 2004 

The Road Trip

On the iPod today:
Anything but Mine/Kenny Chesney/I Believe/Diamond Rio/Holiday in Spain/Counting Crows

Above is a new feature that I have wanted to add here for a long time. I'm not sure how it looks but I will play with it some more over time. Maybe I should add images of artists but hey...who really wants to see people like Willie Nelson or whomever else that I choose to list here? I listen to some damn ugly folks! :-)

Anyway, I went to San Francisco with Meg's dad today for a doctors appointment that he had and I had a great day. We took the BART train (subway) into the city and it was very relaxing to be able to just sit and watch the scenery go by. I could totally live in San Francisco. The city is gorgeous, the people are generally laid back and the art and culture scene is amazing! I would probably get tired of it at some point but for a while I would be in heaven.

So back to the topic at hand; Dan's appointment was at UCSF Medical Center and it was great to visit there. If I am lucky enough to get a transplant it will be done there. The building we were in had a view of the city including Golden Gate Park that was really nice. It seems like it would be a very nice place to be if I am in need of care. The staff was very helpful and easy to deal with and I bet that I would get great care there. It is still crazy for me to think about having to get a transplant to survive the bulk of my life but it is as neccessary as diapers to a baby and I accept it. I am in fear but I know that I will be ok. I need to be ok. My family needs me to be ok. Gosh....tears still come to my eyes when I think about this. I need to get stronger. I need to fight harder to understand my circumstance.

In other events...I had the babies for my three hour visit tonight and it was great. This weekend will be very hard on me because I have had them for the last three in a row and not having them wake me up in the morning will be strange. I will have them at my home next weekend though and I look forward to that. This weekend will bring the installation of outdoor Christmas lights, a much needed visit with my good friend Jim in Merced and some time with Meg. She has been working non-stop lately and it will be amazing to have her here with me for a while.

Well, I am sitting in bed right now and my eyes are drooping so I will sign off for now. Have a great weekend and remember to smile. You may have problems in your life but you always have a smile to share and if you get one back those problems will seem meaningless. I hope that you are all having a great holiday season! Thanks for reading and stayed tuned for more updates.

Hi Ruben
Sorry I missed you today.. I enjoy visiting with you.
You need to fill out a new MFA application with bankstatements, etc,. I will extend your MFA assistance for another six months... Have you gotton on the Steps program yet?? Let me know if you want me to send you the application or if you want to stop by to pick one up....I will be off next week...I hope you are feeling better...I check your site 2-3 times a week looking for new postings....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family/Megan....Take Care... Pam from Kaiser- Modesto

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates