« Home | The Queen Bean » | The Past Year » | The Poet » | The Beautiful Day » | The Best Holiday! » | The Heaven Song » | The Road Trip » | The Tamborine Man » | The Private Investigator » | The Drama Patient » 

Monday, January 17, 2005 

The Life Blog

I hope that this entry finds everyone well. This is a very special day here in The United States as we honor the legacy of Martin Luther King Junior. He would be proud to know that many, many blogs are dedicated to him today and that millions upon millions of people everyday still fight to make his "dream" come true.

With that said I would also like to introduce you to a blog that Megan has created. You have read all about her here and I was surprised to find out that she wanted to publish her own blog. I don't know how she fits anything else in her schedule! I can't wait to read what is in her heart. Writing has always been a great way for her and I to express ourselves when we cannot manage to speak our true feelings. The address to her blog is: http://gotmywings.blogspot.com/

Her first entry was very meaningful to me and I would like to share the response that I posted to her blog.

Megan,

I am not sure what to say as I sit here with tears running down my face. Our life together seems so different when you explain it. We sure have been through alot and I thank you for being at my side along this rocky road. Our road has not even been rocky...it has been more like a road in a war zone filled with deep craters and landmines that explode under foot when stepped on. The funny thing is that we always fall into the craters and we always step on the landmines. But I feel in my heart that we are meant to fall together because it just proves that we always, always bounce back up.

When I was a little boy I would pay a dime for a little rubber bouncing ball at Sunshine Market in Central Valley near the home of my grandparents. I never dreamed that one day I would live like those little colorful balls.

I have fallen into gutters, I have been dragged through the dirt and I have been torn apart but just like I did because I loved those little rubber balls...you have picked me up and repaired me and sent me bouncing off again. Thank you for the years that you have helped me to live. Thank you for my life. Thank you for the hope. Most of all...from the very bottom of my heart...thank you for always, always loving me. I vow to continue fighting and I vow to forever walk with you as your friend and your life partner.

Ruben

Thank you for reading today. Have a great day and please take a second to think about Martin Luther King Junior today. The text and audio of his most prolific speech can be found at: http://www.americanrhetoric.com/speeches/Ihaveadream.htm Under the photo of him there is a link to actually hear him speak. It is worth the time that it takes. Smile today and check back soon.


*smiles*

Ruben,

WOW! Where did my night go? Oh yeah, I remember...I got lost reading thru that wonderful girlfriend of your's blog and journal and pics! What a special treat! I can see why (at least from the outside looking in) you love her so much. You two are a strong force to be reckoned with and I wish you both all the best in the future.....YOUR LONG LONG FUTURE!

Glad to see you posting more. I sure do enjoy reading what you write. Take care!

~Zette~

Ruben,

How weird that you write about Shasta Lake, I was there this weekened. I remember visiting Sunshine Market, thinking it was the best place in the world.

I read Megan's entry, truly amazing that you have found someone like her to be by your side.

Valerie

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates