« Home | The Stage Lights » | The Morning Glow » | The Fire Inside » | The Pirate News » | The Posterior Hole » | The Baby » | The Life Blog » | The Queen Bean » | The Past Year » | The Poet » 

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 

The Bumpy Road


I feel so lost tonight...again. It just seems like I am a walking disaster sometimes. I just spoke to Dr. Cheng, my primary liver doctor and he expressed concern in regard to some symptoms that I have been having. I have to go in tomorrow for some more blood work and then he wants me to schedule an ERCP to dialate my bile ducts again. This is all pretty standard for someone with the disease that I have but I still have fear.

This just comes at a time when I just want to live for a while. I just got engaged, school is going great this semester, I am writing and I am about to take off for a few days with Meg to celebrate our engagement. Meg is being understanding and supportive but I know that she is scared also. It feels like whoever paved the roads in my life had really poor equipment that left potholes all over the place!

I feel good getting this out of my system here and I know that I have quite a few people in my corner and that sure makes the fight easier. I'll let you all know what happens. Meanwhile I will do what I can to remain positive.

Smile today!

Also...I'm sure that you noticed that I added a homepage to my site. I plan on posting more photos soon and I thought that this would allow easier access to them. If you have trouble with this or you simply think it looks absolutely terrible please email me at ruben.porras@gmail.com or leave a comment here. Posted by Hello

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates