« Home | Sunday Clouds » | Sand Heart » | many stamps » | I am furious! » | The Golden Gate » | I AM HAPPY TO BE ALIVE TODAY! » | The Conference » | The 20 Things... » | The Secret Site » | The 'Hood Photos » 

Friday, April 29, 2005 

Catching up


Wow...It has been a while since I posted and all sorts of things have been happening. I have been listening to a ton of new music lately and I wanted to share what is new.

Devils and Dust - Bruce Springsteen
This is some of the best writing that I have ever had the pleasure to listen to. The songs are dark in a way but very thought provoking. I have been buying a lot of music on iTunes lately but this one is worth buying in the store. It is a two sided CD/DVD with a beautiful series of acoustic performances that are beautiful to watch. I think as I get older I appreciate writing so much more.

Songs for Silverman - Ben Folds
Most famous for "Brick" as a member of Ben Folds Five, Folds solo album is really well done. In particular, the song, "Gracie" struck me like a truck. I really miss her. Those of you that know me know what I am talking about.

La Tortura - Shakira
The first single from her upcoming double CD set is amazing. Sure she is gorgeous but that is not what makes her so great. She sings like she is always out of breath and just trying to get out the next note with all of her power. It is great to hear from here again. Right now I am listening to her song from a few years back, "Underneath Your Clothes." There are not many love songs this well this well done.

American Baby - Dave Mathews Band
If their upcoming album is as good as this first single they will surely have another massive hit album. This is one band that I really want to see live.

Help Somebody - Van Zant
This song by two of southern rock's biggest stars, Johnny and Donnie Van Zant (Lynyrd Skynrd and .38 Special) really has the power to make you think. Country music has really changed and rebels are finally taking over again. There is one line in this song that really sticks out to me. It says simply, "If you want to hear god laugh tell him your plans." We all may think we are on the right path but are we? That is a good question!

If you have read this far...thanks! I know I really go off writing about music and I know that my tastes are a little eclectic. I firmly believe that music makes life a little more bearable. I would love to hear suggestions about anything that any of you love to listen to. Have a great weekend. Thank you for the time and as always...smile today!

Hey Ruben,

Is it just me, or sometimes when you load this page do all the words disappear leaving only the pictures? I want to know what you wrote!!!

Tina ;o)

PS Speaking of pictures, I put one on my site for you. Central Park being pretty... Well, really it's of the sky not the park, but there are trees. I'm going to shut up now.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates