« Home | Nose Rings and a Man Named Pookie » | Rotten Ass » | Her Face Makes Me Feel Alive » | The World is all F@#%ked Up » | Countryman » | Bubba and Earl » | Love is... » | Russian Troops » | The World » | The 4th » 

Tuesday, July 19, 2005 

I Hope Tomorrow Is Like Today


On Sunday Megan and I went to see "Wedding Crashers" with her family and I must say that it could have been better. There were some great scenes but we could have saved the fam some some cash and went to the old video store for this one.

Anyway, regular readers know that I love music and there was a song in this movie that was really great. It is by a band called, Guster and these guys are really great. The song is called, "I Hope Tomorrow Is Like Today" and it really made me think.

Now, I say 'each day counts' in just about everything I do and I try to stick to that. This song makes you realize how lucky you are today and that tomorrow will be amazing if it is anything like today. Really, think about that...

You may be having a really screwed up day but someone loves you, someone needs you, music is available and you have your health. Circumstances may change for tomorrow but you have a hell of a base to work with.

For example, tomorrow I will wake up and the beautiful plants that are featured above will be on my porch waiting for my attention. That makes me happy. Life is good.

So here I go again breaking international copyright laws...
ยป Click here for the song

As always, I will say that this works much better with a high speed connection. Also, if you like the song, buy a Guster album...good stuff!

And for those of us that like to analyze songs, here are the lyrics to read while grooving to the tune. Wait a darn minute... Did I just write, "grooving to the tune?" What the hell has happened to my ability to not sound old?

I Hope Tomorrow Is Like Today
I'm awake, you're still sleeping
The sun will rise like yesterday
Everything that we are now
Is everything we can't let go
Or its gone forever, far away
I hope tomorrow is like today
Don't you go away tomorrow
I don't think I could handle that
You're probably dreaming that you're flying on
Then you start to fall
But then you rise
and shine forever
Don't go away
I hope tomorrow is like today

One more thing...a really nice lady named Sadie commented on my blog today but her link did not work to get back to her. If You are reading this Sadie and you still want to have a sexy, sleek, super sweet blog, click here. That will put you in touch with Ginger at Baby Jane Blogs. She is a great designer and she is my hero in times of emotional blog crisis! In other words, she saves my fat ass when I break shit! :-)

Smile today folks and just know that no matter how bad the day seems that there is someone out there thinking about you. If you can't think of anyone let me know and then I can think happy thoughts about you!

I remember that song! Thanks for breaking international copyright laws for us! If you go down, we'll all go down together! I think I'll buy that CD for my husband. Great suggetsion!

You may be having a really screwed up day but someone loves you, someone needs you, music is available and you have your health. Circumstances may change for tomorrow but you have a hell of a base to work with.

That is the truth! There are certain base things that count: love, trust, caring...from there, you can deal with the things the world throws at you, or find ways to make the world a bit better. Nice blog!

Susan

This has put things in perspective for me. I was feeling sorry for myself and I needed some gratitude. Your blog reminded me.

And good luck to you on yours! I quickly popped over to your site... I'm going to create a new category so that I can add you to the list... I'll definitely be back once the craziness over at Pink Line slows down...

That song was great! Thanks for sharing!

By the way, I think "grooving" was a good choice of words - it was totally appropriate for the song.

I'm listening to "I Hope Tomorrow Is Like Today" as I type. Great stuff; thanks for the connection. And thanks for being the first to comment on my blog!

Thanks for the inspiration today, and for the song. I'm a fellow music freak, gonna get the song tomorrow, and play it on our morning show sometime this week. You are awesome, R...:)

Hey, thanks for the kind words! I've voted for you numerous times! I'll be sure to stop back by. :-)

i've been a lurker for a few weeks now and for that, i apologize. i really enjoy your blog.

i actually liked the movie, but vince vaughn is my future husband, so i'm a little biased.

i've always been a fan of this song, but i've never really put it into perspective until now. thanks again for a great post that reminds me i have a million things to look forward to if tomorrow is even remotely as good as today.

you always put a smile on my face. thanks for that.

I haven't seen the movie yet but I have a strange infatuation with Owen Wilson. International copyright laws were so meant to be broken. According to MTV's the 70's show the words "grooving" and "tune" are completely cool. So you're still good.

What a cool post! I love your plants. I'll have to think more about this when I wake up and normally think, crap, is it morning already? ;-) Thanks for sending some joy out!

Virgin Records is under constuction, and Target didn't have Guster. So I went to Best Buy, and they had all the albums except the one I wanted to buy. I even would have settled for the movie soundtrack, but there weren't any of those either! I DID buy "My Chemical Romance"......Which I LOVE!

This is an amazing post. Really well written, insigtful thoughts, thanks for sharing.

I am ugly lately. Thanks for reminding me that things could be so much worse.

so i'm a little freaked out because i am listening to the new guster cd as i type! so weird that you mention the song! their entire cd, keep it together, is amazing.

that's for your daily positivity...it means so much to so many.

Wonderful song. Goodness I teared up at work!!!

Did you not get the memo???? No making me cry at work!! :)

That song is great I have that album. The song at the end of the movie is fantastic too. Its from The Weakerthans although its escaping my mind what exact track it is at the moment. I mentioned you in my post today actually.

Aw! Ruben... you are such a sweetheart... the pictures are great as always... wonderful. Those lyrics are great too...

Hope you are having a great day, handsome!

Hey Ruben,
Clicked on you from the Pyscho Soccer Mom Melanie's site. She's something else. Anyways just wanted to say What's up! and tell you that I've been telling everyone I know for as long as I can remember to live the way you talk about in your site. Hang in there man! You've gotta a new friend in Philly! Check my blog when you get time.

Hi Ruben!
I've been checking out your site, and I love it. I love the idea that every day counts and that no matter how bad things seem, someone out there is thinking of us. I'm gonna remember that later when work starts to wear me down! :) Also, I'm a huge fan of song lyrics (quotes, too) and I love these. Thanks so much for sharing!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates