« Home | The World » | The 4th » | The Tooth » | Pride Weekend » | Post #100! » | Checking in.... » | Read this one :-) » | 5 Guys/One City » | Hands up! » | 168 » 

Friday, July 08, 2005 

Russian Troops


I just wanted to thank everyone for all the feedback yesterday about the new blog look. I have been playing with it a bit more and I think I will stick with it for a while and see what happens. I especially want to thank Ginger at Baby Jane Blog Designs for helping me with all the coding issues that I have had. Before Ginger came along I thought HTML was just short for hate mail! Ok...maybe I was not that dumb but close...pretty darn close.

The main point of this whole change was to make my photos stand out better. I hope that is working. I took the above photo in a gift shop near here and I thought that it came out pretty nice. I got some funny emails to me via Flickr because I titled the photo, "Russian Troops." I really did not mean to offend anyone.

I hope that everyone out there is safe and happy today. I read that Atlanta got pretty banged up by storms and that Cuba got beat down with 150 MPH winds from Hurricane Dennis. After last year when Florida got pounded I would have sold my belongings, packed up Meg and the Chihuahua and moved the hell out of there. But some people stayed for the love of their communities and that is respectable. I hope everyone there is safe this season. The forecasts are predicting massive storms. Umbrellas...you people are going to need big ass umbrellas!

Smile today through the wind and rain. Smile today no matter what!

One more thing...I changed the link in the drop down area so that instead of seeing one photo of me you can see around 50! Now you can see the Wild Mexican in a variety of different habitats! Have fear! I hope that I don't cause mass blindness. This is a warning!

You are so silly, Ruben. It looks great!

Okay, sorry for commenting before you finished posting! :)

Glad to be of any help, but you did most all of it by yourself!

Your Blog looks great! I looked at the "Love is..." photos and really enjoyed them. You have a great talent Ruben.

Hi Ruben-I came over from Ginger's; your design looks great!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates