« Home | The White Trash Fiesta » | Bright » | Dream big... » | Your true colors.... » | Just some words... » | My World is Upside Down » | Viva la sliding guy!!! » | Real Beauty and Itchy Bums! » | Memory Loss » | Elvis, Pink Poodles and Milton » 

Thursday, August 18, 2005 

My Super Hero


For a while now Megan has been studying child development and I never really understood why. There is not much money to be made in the field and it requires a ton of training. I have told her that she should really focus on something more lucrative just in case I get sick and she has to take care of herself and Hector alone.

But today I had the pleasure of watching her in action and it really filled my heart with pure joy. It was like watching a fish swim or a penguin playing in the snow. She just fit in there so well and I was amazed. To the kids that she works with she takes on a whole new identity.

For the first time in three years I met the other Megan. I met "Teacher Megan." And I'll tell you what..this "Teacher Megan" lady really is amazing. The kids love her. Her colleagues love her. But most of all "Teacher Megan" was so happy and her eyes sparkled with a new kind of joy that I have never seen before. It was beautiful! I am so proud of her!

So I have to say this, "Baby angel, (thats what I call her) I don't care if you never make a dime. You need to be in a classroom. You need those children like I need you. We will make finances work out. You are amazing!"

The totally adorable little boy in the photo above thinks that he is Batman because he wears the costume. Megan never wears a cape (that may be kind of sexy though!) but she sure is Super Woman to me!" This whole love thing is pretty damn cool. I am so blessed!

Smile today folks! Love someone.

It takes a very special person to be a teacher,
it's the toughest job there is.
Your Megan sounds like an amazing woman.

Megan sounds like a great person. Teachers are a breed of their own, and the best ones are the ones that love it as much as you say Meg loves it. Teaching really is a calling; if she wasn't teaching, she probably wouldn't be happy. It's good that you understand that too, and aren't trying to change it.

Superwoman indeed. It's such a breath of fresh air to see a guy be so in love with his gal AND not be afraid to show it. You two were meant to be together.

Megan is my super hero too- there is no harder job then teaching children. Sounds like we could use more like her!!

go megan!!! i know you make a difference in the lives of so many. you two were so made for each other.

That's wonderful! It takes a special person to care so much.

Funny thing though, I call Megan "Baby Angel" too.

Awwwwwwwww! SO cute. It's wonderful that she's found her calling.

Ain't love just grand! :-D

I truly admire Meg and ANYONE who chooses to devote their life to helping little ones get off to a good start...

It is a great thing to see someone's eyes light up when they do a job they love, and she is lucky to have a guy like you, who appreciates her. Love to both of you, and hope your weekend is a good one. :)

Megan sounds amazing! It's so nice to cross paths with positive, uplifting people--their attitude is contagious. Ya'll take care...

That's sweet. Isn't great to see the one you love so happy in what they do? It's a very content feeling for me to see my husband in an environment he loves even though they don't pay him enough. He gets respek yo - and that's good, very good for him.

I'm so glad you have such a wonderful person like Megan in your life! She truly is a sweetheart just from hearing you talk so wonderfully about her! :)

You're not suppose to make me cry on the first post I read when catching up ... now I must compose myself to continue reading :)

I am so glad you have her. Hearing you talk about her brings tears to my eyes.

That's some post Ruben. I think you're both great.

That's some post Ruben. I think you're both great.

*tear
That was so sweet Ruben...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates