« Home | Flickr Friday Friends » | Please read this... » | From Cookies to Hombres » | People amaze me... » | The Speech/Flickr Friday » | Seriously now... » | All About the Baby » | Monday - 11:15-11:44 AM » | That one special shot.... » | My Super Hero » 

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 

Amazing News!!!!

CANCER FREE!
So many of you have walked right beside me through this last cancer scare and I want to personally thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart!

This afternoon Megan and I found out that I am still cancer free and that means the world to me! I need to be in remission for five years (three more) to get the liver transplant that I need and now I can continue on that positive path!

There was however some bad news today that we have to deal with but it was expected so we were much more prepared for it. My liver disease is getting worse but we will fight it! I was kind of depressed when we left the hospital today because of this bad news even though we got the good news but Meg came to the rescue again.

She looked at me and said, "We got great news today! Smile! We made today count!"

She was right forcing me to heed my own advice! Today really did count and I will wake up with her tomorrow and make it count also!

I will keep you all updated and let you know where this journey takes us. I will end this and keep this post short tonight because I have a sexy young fiance that needs to be cuddled in the other room! I am so happy!

Let me leave with you with an incredible gospel/blues track to listen to by Eric Bibb. Please take some time to listen to this! It has really inspired me!

Click here to be inspired!

Smile today! I certainly am!

Whooo hooooo! I can't say I'm surprised, though. Cancer is no match for your attitude! Now all you have to do is give that liver disease the same kind of ass kicking, okay?

RIGHT ON!

I'm so glad to hear it! Keep us posted with the liver stuff, I'm glad you're still on track :-D

That is awesome, so awesome I have no words.
Congratulations, keep on smiling!!

YES! I am so happy for you! Doing the happy dance.......

*dancing around happily*

So happy!

that is really fantastic news---- how wonderful!

GO RUBEN!! You're on your way to a new liver!

tears of joy fill my eyes...i am so happy for you!! megan sounds so wonderful. i am so glad you two found each other.

*jumps up and down* Congrats Ruben! *hugs*

That's wonderful Ruben! I've been thinking a lot about you guys up there in No Cal. Stay positive, this is great news.

That is awesome, Ruben! I am so glad to hear that!!

Ruben am so happy you are cancer free, I thought it was going to be okay, now you can change a little of your way of thinking and get ready to get that new liver, then you will be able to get back to work and have a good life, now won't that be wonderful? all our prayers are being answered.. love you

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!! I'm so happy for you Ruben and know the liver disease will soon get better! How can it not with your positive attitude and loving self? Congratulations!

oh Ruben, that is so wonderful!!! thank you for sharing your great news :)

Awesome, awesome, awesome! So happy :o)

Cancer free - that's fantastic - you guys should celebrate with a party at your funny little house ;-)
Lots of love !!!

Congrats man! As I'm sure you already know, you have to take the good with the bad sometimes in life, but just think how good that news really was! You have much to be thankful for so keep fighting and I'll be wishing you well along with everyone else that you beat the second part of your battle as well. Best of luck and keep the spirit up! :)

YAY!! Ginger told me the news today during yearbook! I'm so happy for you! :D
A wonderful person like you deserves wonderful news like that! Keep going strong! I'm still prayin' for ya! *Hugs*

way to go ruben! congratulations!

What Great News! I am smiling for you! I will continue to pray for your well being and hope that soon, you will overcome your liver disease and continue to live a long happy life! Congratulations on being Cancer Free!!!

Cancer free!! great news rube!!

I am so glad- cancer free is just a stepping stone on the way to a new liver!! So much more of the good news coming your way- Congratulations.

That is certainly worth smiling about! Thanks for giving me a reason to smile today and most days.

Oh Ruben! I'm so happy! That's AWESOME!

Oh Ruben that is simply wonderful! Praise God. The prayers are thoughts are still flowing in for you, but that is a amazing news!!!

*Keep Smilin'*

*Huge Hugs*

YEAH! Glad to hear it, you are still in my prayers! :)

That's so fantastic!

You just got some really good news. One down, one more to go! Hang in there my friend. I'm with you. You are in my prayers.

That is friggin' great! You are the man, so as my dad would say, just keeeeeep pullin'.

Sorry I haven't been by lately, but we have so many Katrina evacuees in town, I haven't had time. Love and prayers for you and Meg today and everyday, though.

that fantastic news ruben!! i'm so happy for you guys!!

you and meg are such an inspiration. i just know you're going to make it through the remaining three years and get the transplant that you need!

Things could be much better for you if only you had God in your heart.

Congrats and good luck!!!

I WISH YOU WERE AS POSITIVE AS YOU ARE ON THIS BLOG (IN REAL LIFE). I TOLD YOU WHEN YOU GOT SICK THAT MY GOD WAS BIGGER THAN YOUR DISEASE! HE IS AND YOU WILL OUT LIVE ME AS LONG AS YOU KEEP THAT ATTITUDE THAT YOU WANT TO LIVE MORE THAN YOU WANT TO DIE.
I LOVE YOU SON-AND MEGAN, THANKS FOR HANGIN IN THERE!
LOVE,
MOM

Woohoo!!!! Cancer free is good!!! Enjoy life, ruben!

That is some wonderful news! I'm so happy to hear!! You will deal with each as time comes to deal. You are so lucky to have a wonderful fiancee'!!! I wish you both the best!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates