« Home | Please read this... » | From Cookies to Hombres » | People amaze me... » | The Speech/Flickr Friday » | Seriously now... » | All About the Baby » | Monday - 11:15-11:44 AM » | That one special shot.... » | My Super Hero » | The White Trash Fiesta » 

Friday, September 02, 2005 

Flickr Friday Friends

Hello all! I know that I am posting this late and there is a reason for my tardiness. My last post meant a lot to me and I wanted as many people as possible to read it. If you did not have the chance to read it click here to read it if you have a minute.

Now for Flickr Friday! This week I am going to try something new! My partner in crime, Megan, came up with a fun idea to have the first Friday of every month be the day for a guest poster to take over and post their own theme. And since it was her idea, she will be our guest this week. If you are interested in posting here and sharing your Flickr Friday theme ideas please email me at: ruben@eachdaycounts.com. Now I will stop typing and pass the old keys to Megan. Work with her please. She is my angel!

Hello All! While Ruben called this a fun idea, my theme is actually quite thoughtful and serious. Damn college instructors! I hate when they actually make you think! Please take a moment, though, and read each of these following sentences over and over until they really make you think:

Most everyone would give their lives for someone. A parent; a grandparent; a friend; a partner; a child. But, would you give your life for a stranger? Or a group of them? What about for an idea, cause, or belief? Is their something you feel that strongly about? Many people talk amongst themselves about something someone else should be doing for this cause or that cause, but are you ever willing to take the risk and be the one that makes a difference? If your answer is yes, you could someday be a martyr (one who endures great sacrifices or suffers much in order to further a belief, cause, or principle).

So, I'd like to see your photos of something that symbolizes anything you would give your life for, aside from family and friends. Ruben shares above that his is Inner Peace.

My Sociology professor really put this into perspective for me a few nights ago. Ask yourself, if there is nothing in this world that you would give your life for, is your life worth living? And, what is it's purpose if there is nothing you believe so deeply in?

Again, if you are interested in posting here and sharing your Flickr Friday theme ideas please email: ruben@eachdaycounts.com.

Also...we will be adding comments and photographer names to the photos and that will be visible in Flickr every Tuesday. Please write your name and blog address in your email.

Thanks, we look forward to your photos!


I will leave you in Ruben's words......Smile Today!

Wow! That's going to be a tough one! Great idea!

I agree with Ginger, that's going to be really hard to do. Now I have to spend time thinking and stuff.... Hrmmm. Tricky...

Sorry to post twice, but I hav a suggestion. It would be nice if people could provie a short explaination of their picture that could be put in the comments section or description in Flickr. Sometimes it can be hard to visualise what the person meant by the picture, and it would also be nice to credit the photographer. I know this makes more work for you, Megan and Ruben, but I know I'm interested in the people behind the camera as well as the pictures they take.

this is off the topic but ijust wanted to say I am praying for you and thank you for your kind words regarding my uncle.

I wish I had read this earlier but I am getting settled back in NY and school will be strating so things are extremely busy.
This question is a very difficult one as one must also look at the fact that one can only do so much good if dead and the unreasonabiliy of actually putting ones self in harms way. I struggle with these things as we all do.
Good Idea.

I'm sorry, I wussed out. I could think of many things that I care passionately about, that I would sacrifice my own comfort for, but none that I would give my life for. I think the age of the martyr has all but passed, except maybe for those special few. I could have sent a picture of nothing, but that too was too difficult for my befuddled brain to envison :(

I wish I had read this before I got sick and was able to post something. It is a good question and has me thinking....

Hey Meg! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm adding you to my page and can't wait to read up on you! Hugs!

That was a great post, Megan.
I think we all need to have something that is that important to us.

I like the "82 Years Of Being Gay" sign, not that I'm gay, but it's a good message. Why is it that some people still think that someone being gay will "grow out of it" like it's a just a passing phase in life? I think that's dumb. From what I understand, most people who are gay know they are gay early on in their life and they don't just change to being straight or grow out of it like an old pair of jeans or something.

I would give my life if every suffering alcoholic/addict in the world could find their way to sobriety/recovery. I really would.
Peace.....................

WELL-I DID POST THAT I WOULD GIVE MY HEART TO JESUS AND ACCEPT WHATEVER HE HAD IN PLAN FOR MY LIFE. RUBEN, YOU ERASED MY RESPONSE AND CALLED AND ASKED THAT I SEND THAT TYPE OF RESPONSE TO YOU AT HOME. IF I SEND IT TO YOU AT HOME....YOU DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!
WHAT GIVES?

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Ruben
  • From Modesto, California, United States
  • This space could be a million lines long but I will try to make a long story short. In April of 2003 I was diagnosed with a rare terminal liver disease and treated for Hodgkin's Lymphoma in my neck. Because of the combination of diseases and amount of liver damage, doctors estimate that I have between 2 and 5 years to live. Hence the name of this site, "Each Day Counts." If I cannot win this battle I will fight, love and travel until the very end!
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates